Friday, June 09, 2006

World Cup Kick-Off...Day of Days!!

OK, Rusha massive got a football draw going, and I got my top seed and bottom seed. For those who know me, the draw was a tad on the ironic side. Yes, yes...my 'top' seed is USA. The country I despise (besides New York) with the hatred of a thousand suns.

My bottom seed, Trinidad & Tobago, will most likely live up to their name of 'bottom' seed......though I wouldn't mind visiting their little area in the Carribean. Not adverse to sunshine, and they seem like a friendly bunch of fans (certainly compared to the Iranians - yikes!!).

So, OK, I'm meant to CHEER for USA? Not a chance! If your team comes last, you get your tenner back. So I will root for them to lose every game.

Every single game.

First up for me is Trinidad & Tobago VS Sweden. The tension is killing me! Who will win? Who could possibly triumph in this battle of the Titans?!?!?Lordy lordy, who knows! Looking forward to the opening game tonight....love the World Cup! Should be some good skills on display, and a few weeks of excitement lie ahead!!

(Though I still curse that Ireland is not involved. Sickening turn of events. Sickening.)

No comments: